I’m giving six friends the chance to decide what I will write about for the next six days. So here we go….
My friend, Kim C chose “Popcorn”.
There is nothing like the smell of popcorn! I don’t crave popcorn, or even think I want popcorn, until I smell it wafting through the house. When it hits my nose, I’m sold. Please pass the popcorn!
This last weekend, some of us girls went to a Vintage Market, and everyone was selling bags of caramel corn. I’m sure the popcorn was not vintage, but its a perfect Fall treat.
I came home; found a recipe online for Salted Caramel Popcorn, and made up a big batch to enjoy while watching Boise State Football, that night.
Recipe from Cookies and Cups
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (about 16 cups popped corn)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp kosher or sea salt, divided
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Pop popcorn kernels using air popper into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp salt together over medium heat. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour popcorn into lined pan, sprinkle remaining salt on top (1/2 tsp – 1 tsp depending on your personal taste preference) and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow popcorn to cool on a parchment lined counter.
Go ahead, pop up a big batch! Your people will love you for it!